All deliveries for the store are received and booked in via our warehouse, therefore this role is busy and very hands on. To ensure that the right goods are stored in the right places at the right time, we are seeking candidates with great planning and organisation skills. Reporting into the stock manager.
Our stock lines change regularly (in line with the season etc), therefore you will need to be constantly working with the stock manager thinking ahead to plan and implement product changes in the storage areas and till system.
Just as important, will be your excellent attention to detail and strong knowledge of health and safety procedures.
Working closely and collaboratively with all areas of the store, duties will include:
Booking in and taking delivery of goods using Hand Held device and internal CSY stock system Completion of delivery log daily for all deliveries also to include temperature control log Manual handling of stock around the garden centre, using lifting gear & counter balance forklift truck (training provided as necessary)
- Checking deliveries against the delivery note, accurately recording damaged or missing items, and communication with our accounts team & store management when raising supplier notifications or discrepancy forms
- Arranging supplier uplifts for damaged stock / returns
- Uploading and managing barcodes and cost prices on the back stock system. A good understanding of excel is needed. Further training can be given on the stock system.
- Accurately processing paperwork, including use of computerised systems
- Safely storing goods
- Assist with store wide stock takes including weekly rolling stock checks
- Keeping internal & external work areas and walkways clean, tidy and safe
- Maintaining high levels of safety standards
- Attending staff meetings and relevant training courses
- Other duties as required within the department and wider store including supporting restaurant operations & using a till as needed.
Annualised hours in operation. 27 hours per week over 5 days with overtime available. £9.70
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 27 per week
Salary: £9.70 per hour
- Employee discount
- Day shift
- Weekend availability