Lawn Thickener 425g
Available for National Delivery and Click & Collect
Perfect for thickening tired lawns, patches or even establishing new lawns, Johnson’s Lawn Thickener combines dwarf type perennial ryegrass with added Seedbooster for rapid improvement.
Child, pet and environmentally friendly, the Seedbooster treatment acts as a harmless bird deterrent too.
Young grass will appear within 7-14 days but can take longer when the ground is colder.
Sowing a new lawn step by step guide:
1. Remove weeds, stones and rubbish before sowing. Dig to a depth of 15-22cm (6-9in). Level and firm seed bed by raking then treading or light rolling.
2. If possible, leave seed bed for a few weeks and then destroy any weeds.
3. Moisten the ground, mix the seed and then scatter evenly. Sow the seed at a rate of 35g per sq. metre (1 ¼ ozs per sq yard) half from left to right, then half from top to bottom for each section. Rake lightly and firm in seed by treading or light rolling.
4. In case of dry weather use a fine spray to keep seed bed constantly moist.
Overseeding an existing lawn step by step guide:
1. Mow the lawn short then using a spring tine rake or scarifier remove the layers of dead grass or thatch. If possible spike lawn with a hollow tine fork and brush in some topsoil to relieve any compacted areas.
2. Moisten the ground, mix the seed and then sow the seed at a rate of 25g per sq. metre (¾ ozs per sq yard), scattering evenly. Alternatively the seed can be mixed with some topsoil and sown by hand to aid distribution and moisture retention.
3. Firm in the seed by treading or light rolling. In case of dry weather use a fine spray to keep seed bed constantly moist.
4. Ideally do not mow existing grass until new grass is growing. If a mow is necessary raise the cutting height.
OUR DELIVERY OPTIONS
Our delivery, and click and collect options.
Please note, this is a general guide, please see individual products for options that are available for that product.
National Delivery is available on a great range from our online collection to most addresses in the UK. On these orders we will use the Royal Mail Tracked 48 Hour service.
National Delivery is charged at £4.99 per order.
For orders including plants there will be a charge of £6.99 per order. We will use the Royal Mail Tracked 24 for these items.
Please note: not all products are available for National Delivery and any restricted products will be available for Local Delivery or Click & Collect only.
Local Delivery is available for a selection of our products. This selection includes all Furniture, BBQs, Compost, Aggregates, Christmas Trees and any product that is particularly large or heavy. This includes all plants purchased in-store.
All local deliveries with our couriers will take place up to 15miles from our store. Furniture and BBQs can be delivered up to 30miles from our store.
Delivery charges vary and will be calculated at checkout.
Our delivery day is currently Saturdays.
Click & Collect
We now offer FREE Click and Collect on all products, after 1 hour*.
Delivery for Desser conservatory furniture is 8 – 12 weeks. Desser will contact customers with a delivery date nearer the time.
For returning goods purchased in-store, please see our full returns policy.
We will arrange all returns, unless specified. For Local Delivery, we will arrange for the couriers to collect the goods. For National Delivery we will arrange a tracked postage with Royal Mail, including collection if required. We will communicate with you for any arrangements made, via telephone or email.
- For all damaged or faulty products, or where information was misleading before purchase, you will not be charged for return postage.
- For all orders that are returned due to ‘change of mind’, you will be charged for the cost of return. This will be the same and most reasonable cost of delivery from your original purchase based on the returned product. The cost of return will be deducted from your refund amount.
Refunds will be processed once goods have been received by Woburn Sands Emporium. All products must be returned in their original packaging to be accepted for a refund or exchange. Products that are not faulty or damaged must be received in a resalable condition.
Please look at our Delivery and Returns page here for further information.